Thursday, January 3, 2013

Dug from the archives...

So one more draft post I dug up:

"You know, no matter how many times I look back, I think one of the moments I experienced my first real bout of fanboy glee will be when Tom Beland himself became the first person ever to post a comment on my blog. There are simply no words for how awesome that is.

The closest thing I can think of is if someone wanted to be a puppeteer for their entire life, and they finally work up the nerve to set up a tiny little street corner performance. They do a couple shows, nobody seems too interested, and then suddenly Frank Oz stops by and says "you...are awesome."

Or for those of you who aren't quite that nerdy, just imagine a hobby you took up at one point and someone you consider a master tells you you're doing just fine out of the blue. Horseback riding and 1992 gold medalist Matt Ryan, for example. Whatever. It was great. Shut up."

Even then, I knew horses and ponies were the opposite extreme to my regular interests.  Now we just have to wait for me to discover a love for Jersey Shore, the Deen family, and binge drinking.

No comments: